FHACA has agreed to participate in the 2019 ‘Snow Mole’ winter walkability audit program through the Council on Aging in Ottawa. The program encourages seniors and other pedestrians to audit their neighbourhoods for winter walkability.
Our Walking Club seemed like the perfect way to provide input to the Snow Mole program, so they will be filling out the surveys through the winter while doing their neighbourhood walks.
As part of the initiative, the Council on Aging is hosting WALK ON! , a community event at the Council on Aging of Ottawa on Thursday, November 29th, from 1 to 3 p.m.
The Council on Aging of Ottawa, Age-Friendly Pedestrian Safety & Walkability Committee invites you to attend a special event to:
- Report on community audits and the progress we have made in making Ottawa streets safe for seniors and other valuable pedestrians.
- Launch the 2019 Snow Mole* Winter Walking audit program
- Explore City snow ploughing practices
- Provide tips on safe winter walking, demonstrate pole walking and the use of boot grippers (Get a Grip program).
When: Thursday, November 29th, 2018.
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Where: The Council on Aging of Ottawa
101-1247 Kilborn Place, Ottawa K1H 6K9.
- Free Parking or take OC Transpo bus #148
- Copies of the 2018 Progress Report will be available in English and French at the event