The Fisher Heights and Area Community Association (FHACA) is a group of volunteers who dedicate time and energy to making our beautiful neighbourhoods even better places to live. More specifically:
- FHACA organizes a variety of community events every year, including seasonal family parties, rummage and yard sales, and a spring clean-up of our neighbourhood parks.
- FHACA is responsible for administering the day-to-day operation of the city-owned Fisher Heights Community Place at 31 Sutton Place. Every winter, the Association operates and maintains the outdoor skating rink on the lawns behind the community building.
- FHACA sponsors a number of community programs that are open to all members of the community, including Yoga Partners, an Arts and Crafts Circle, and a Bridge Club. A city-run Fitness Program for people 50 and older also operates in the building. FHACA is also an enthusiastic supporter of less frequent or formal community events, such as street parties, and winter carnivals.
- FHACA is an important point of contact for city staff and councillors, and is in frequent contact and consultation with Ward 9 City Councillor Keith Egli about development and programming issues which affect our neighbourhoods.
- FHACA publishes this website, as well as a newsletter which is delivered by volunteers, five times a year, to 1,400 homes throughout the neighbourhood.
FHACA Mailing Address
1469 Merivale Rd, Box 78022 Meriline, Nepean, ON K2E 1B1
This address should be used for all stamped mail. The box is cleared regularly and forwarded to the appropriate parties.
FHACA Membership & Governance
FHACA is committed to being open, transparent, and accessible to everybody who lives in the community. It is a registered not-for-profit corporation. For a small fee, anybody in the neighbourhood can become a member of the association and participate in its governance. To become a member, contact Lyn McCaw.
- Individual Membership is $5 per person per year.
- Family Membership is $10 per family per year.
A Board of Directors is elected during each Annual General Meeting in September, which take place at Fisher Heights Community Place, 31 Sutton Place. All paid-up members of FHACA are eligible (and encouraged!) to run for positions on the Board of Directors or to volunteer to help with our activities.
The Board meets monthly, and is currently comprised of:
President: Bob McCaw, 613-224-1682
Treasurer: Doug Yonson, 613 226-3628
Secretary: Sandra Loker, 613-234-0801
Membership: Lyn McCaw, 613-224-1682
Website: Shane Francescut, 613-400-7624
Lisa Wood, 613-727-4805
Margaret McPherson, 613-723-0169
Joel Laforest, 613-796-5579